On Monday, December 8, 2014 6:10:25 PM UTC+1, Birthe C wrote:

> Hi Mat
> Why not use Eucaly's quickjump plugin.

Nice plugin and similar to tab Open but for one it wouldn't show the
targets to where links are pointing to, so you'd fist have to open the link
and then go up to this plugin to go over there. But, regardless, I'm hoping
we can do better. The closest I can think of is a key pressed as you click,
but as Tobias commented above this is used for much else so hopefully we
can come up with something else. I'm assuming we must click the link to
actually get the new tiddler so I think it's something we should do at this
moment.

I'm talking about reading text and following tiddlers. Consider that
tiddlers are, ideally, really the exact opposite of narrative text and that
tw is really a medium for hyperlinks. For more narrative texts the
hypertransitioning just ought to be very smooth. I really *like* the way
tiddlers 'distribute' and animate in classic story view (it's cool!) but
when it comes to more narrative reading it simply shifts your focus from
where it should be. Or the reader visiting your TW for that matter.

I expect, or at least hope, TW is going in a direction where we will see
specially designed "application TW's", particularly from people with
special expertise in some area be it "rock music", "blogging", "teaching
science" or whatever. This, I believe, will be of tremendous value for our
community because suddenly we can *target* specific groups with TWs that
solve their particular needs. I would expect several of these to rely on
more narrative text - blogging is one, fiction authoring is another, but
really any area that relies on narrative text. The very fundamental action
of transitioning between tiddlers must be appropriate for these
applications. But, personally, I'd be happy for a solution already now :-)

<:-)