Here is a modification to the RevealWidget that allows for other methods of
hiding the reveal section, including Javascript in static HTML. It should
be noted that EVERY reveal on the page will reveal. A little CSS will fix
that. This is a first step toward allowing tabs to work. If the core devs
think this would be a good addition, or something like it, I'd be
delighted.

This code is in RevealWidget.prototype.execute

    // Compute the title of the state tiddler and read it
    this.stateTitle = this.state;
    if(this.hasVariable("forceRevealWidget", true)) {
        this.alwaysOpen = true;
    } else {
        this.alwaysOpen = false;
    }
    this.readState();

Add this as the first line of RevealWidget.prototype.readState

    if(this.alwaysOpen) { this.isOpen = true; return; }

And I added the forceRevealWidget variable to the code I posted in the
other thread modifying server.js

    var text =
state.wiki.renderTiddler("text/plain","$:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html",{
variables: { currentTiddler: title , forceRevealWidget: true } });

If you want to use this code, feel free. The code in this email is public
domain.

Best wishes,
-Arlen