An alternative to have widgets that work in a tiddlywiki and in static
pages is to have another set of widgets prefixed 'static' - then changing
the name of the widgets when building a static site - eg reveal becomes
static-reveal. The static widgets could be put in a plugin.

I think that separating concerns like this would make the code more
maintainable.

cheers

BJ