Hi Mat

One weakness in all the Cornell mockups I've seen (but I might have missed
> some) is that they seem to only deal with *layout* and not the actual
> Cornell *method* as described in Jeremys referred article. The *method*
> suggests that you take notes during the lecture. Live note-taking is a
> fluid process and anyone who has done this knows you cannot deal with
> tiddlyissues (clicking buttons etc) as you're typically busy concentrating
> on what is being said by the lecturer.

Please do not misunderstand me, I am very curious about this. I am an older
woman, that graduated university many years go in the time of pen and paper
notes. At that time we could easily find the time to open our bags and
bring out pencil and paper before starting to write. We also had to change
the colour of the pen for some notes. There were no hand out notes after
the lectures as often seen today, and not having access to all the
materials on the net, our notes were a mixture of text, drawings, formulas
and curves. (That is not mentioned in any of the suggestions...how to find
time for that?)
Times have changed, I do realise that, but are they  really speaking so
much faster to day?

Birthe