Hi Mat
Thank you for answering. I do see your point especially the computer
distractions, noise, updates, battery warnings. I have often wondered.

BTW, how very positive to see an older woman (your words) here! Do you have
> a programming/computer background?

Thank you Mat. No programming/computer background at all.
I did start using a computer many years ago. One day my partner in life
brought one home. He worked in a company urging them to collectively buy
computers (I think to avoid having to train them in the use).
He lost interest on the way home, and after having put the computer on a
table with stables of discs at the side, never touched it. Computers were
very expensive then, so after awhile I thought I had better try to figure
our how to install and make it working. No easy task I admit, I knew of no
one having one or using one. I had just got it working and found a good use
for it designing knitting patterns on it and a lot of other stuff, when my
partner had a visitor who wanted to use it. (I was not at home). When I
returned, the computer did not boot at all. The visitor (a newly graduated
software engineer had removed all my stuff, and used Stacker on it....but
never thought of creating a boot disc first. He refused to do anything
about it.

Above was a hard start really. Everything got at lot better years later
when we got internet connection. I do like to learn something new. I had
great help learning to use TWc and now I enjoy learning TW5 and keep my
brain busy. I am so thankful that this is such a friendly and helpful group.

Birthe