PMario wrote:

> I think "ad hoc" tags as Mat wants to use them are just keywords, that
> help him find (search) for tiddlers. They can also act as an anchor for
> additional ideas that may be important, when you have more time for
> refactoring.

You expressed it better than I could have done myself!

Astrid Elocson wrote:

> Adding a tag to a tiddler *means* filing the tiddler under that tag, as a
> child to a parent, a many-to-one link. This is true even for tags that are
> just temporary markers or spur-of-the-moment annotations. Whether a user
> chooses to make any further use of that filing mechanism is up to them, but
> it's inherently there in TiddlyWiki's design.

Of course. But from a usability point it is a fact, probably unintentional,
that the current UI makes it tricky to use these ad-hoc tags. Using many
tags results in a cluttered tiddler display and because we don't have typed
tags (as discussed elsewhere) we can't organize the display of tags. This
"forces" you to limit your tagging and you're likely to end up with the
usually more important and permanent tags - i.e the structured ones.

<:-)