Hi Jed, that is looking extremely cool, great work. The idea about the
search bar was to keep it always visible even if it isn't the active tab,
but upon clicking on it or typing a search string it would activate the
search results tab, muh like it happens here
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/bTiOu_migHs/OLRZVSKC1jkJ
The search results would be global tiddlywiki ones, not the current tiddler.

@Jeremy Funny that you mention the "squint test", posting them here I get a
much better overview of the mockups provided by the smaller thumbnails some
times exposing the fragility of the design. The shadow was meant more as a
visual cue to "push" the side bar under the main tiddler content, it could
certainly be much softer or totally eliminated. The colors could also be
tweaked to emphasize content more. I'll see what I can come up with if I
get a chance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e9019b4a-7b83-4ae0-9b78-de4f26c3d48b%40googlegroups.com.