In fact one big advantage, I can embed huge pdf file without problem with
this technique (tested with two PDF of 50Mo and tiddlywiki continue to work
fluently, with the drag'n'drop technique, the first one crashes
tiddlywiki). To sumarize

1. I create a tiddler named My Huge Pdf for example, with the type
application/pdf and a _canonical_uri field
2. In Futon, i upload the huge PDF as an attachment to the document My Huge
Pdf wich represent my newly created tiddler
3. Copy the link location of the uploaded PDF and add it to the
_canonical_uri field
4. Save my tiddler -> The attachment disappear and a new_field is created
in my tiddler
5. Re_edit my tiddler to get rid of the new auto-generated field
_attachment. Save
6. Re-upload the huge pdf and now all works well as long as I didn't
re-edit my tiddler ;)

Hope that was clear. So it would be great if the attachment doesn't
disappear in step 4.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/95abf76d-b93a-4c71-b8d4-418188c95197%40googlegroups.com.