Hello Jean,

El jueves, 21 de mayo de 2015, 20:10:55 (UTC+2), Jean-Philippe Rutault
escribió:

> In fact one big advantage, I can embed huge pdf file without problem with
> this technique (tested with two PDF of 50Mo and tiddlywiki continue to work
> fluently, with the drag'n'drop technique, the first one crashes tiddlywiki).

With your previous message I understood your intentions. But it was not
clear for me if the browser manages differently an image within a tiddler
(blob) and a link to an image. With your pdf example seems pretty clear
that is better to just use the URI. I think this is because we avoid TW
core processing the blob body. I'm curious, what couchdb provider are you
using? Or is it a local couchdb?

> To sumarize
>
> 1. I create a tiddler named My Huge Pdf for example, with the type
> application/pdf and a _canonical_uri field
> 2. In Futon, i upload the huge PDF as an attachment to the document My
> Huge Pdf wich represent my newly created tiddler
> 3. Copy the link location of the uploaded PDF and add it to the
> _canonical_uri field
> 4. Save my tiddler -> The attachment disappear and a new_field is created
> in my tiddler
> 5. Re_edit my tiddler to get rid of the new auto-generated field
> _attachment. Save
> 6. Re-upload the huge pdf and now all works well as long as I didn't
> re-edit my tiddler ;)
>
> Hope that was clear. So it would be great if the attachment doesn't
> disappear in step 4.

You have been clear. I'll investigate following your steps. I have a couple
of theories...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1ffbae1a-5be3-4b9c-baa2-e2472a00f883%40googlegroups.com.