Hello Richard,

El lunes, 1 de junio de 2015, 11:44:05 (UTC+2), RichardWilliamSmith
escribió:

> Hi Danielo,
>
> I hope I'm getting this right - the point of using a database to store the
> tiddlers is to be able to keep multiple devices/instances in sync.

That applies more to my PouchDB plugin rather than the couchdb one, but
yes, that is correct.

> and you can also have different tiddlywiki 'views' onto the store - ie;
> one for editing and one that's a 'live' webpage, for example.

Correct. CouchDB has different access levels that allows us to do this.

> And, although you suggest cloudant, the couch db could be anywhere, right?
> On an AWS instance or on my own hardware.

Absolutely. It is an open source project.

> I'd certainly be interested in helping you test it, if that would be
> useful.

Yes, it is. In which scenario are you interested the most?

> Does it perform 'lazy loading' from the database? (I understand this to
> mean that it would only fetch tiddlers that it actually needs for the
> current view)

Exactly.

> It seems it should be possible to publish material to different blogs,
> from a central database by adding tags etc. do you see that happening?

That is a bit more complex configuration if you compare with the basic one,
but it is certainly easy. The best way to do this would be to have a
central DB and a separate DB per "blog/page". Then we can sync to each DB
from the central one those tiddlers that matches a criteria. CouchDB allows
us to define filtered replication, so we can make the filter as complex or
simple as we want. Don't get scared about having multiple DBs, in couchdb a
DB is like a table in SQL. In fact having a DB per user in other
applications is very common.

If you are interested in trying the basic setup, take a look at this repo

https://github.com/wshallum/couchadaptor

Let me know if you need help making it work. For those interested this is
being discussed also in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/pZzttVrh5Kg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d3a6a5cf-984a-40a1-a71c-045322d03c77%40googlegroups.com.