@Jed, Thanks for the offer-- I'd like to take you up on it. I've added it
to the project's wiki [1]. It will blow the minds of the locals that the
first volunteer is from New Mexico and moving to Paris! The following is
pasted from the wiki

The wiki is brand new, I've cloned the latest hangout TW – love that
background. I wanted to start today, on the longest day of the year.

The basic idea is that "wiki gardening", expressed in Ward Cunningham's
Gardening Metaphor
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#Ward%20Cunningham's%20Gardening%20Metaphor>
can
be combined with a community gardening project, inspired by the TiddlyWiki
community <http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#TiddlyWiki%20community> and
documented on aTiddlyWiki
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#TiddlyWiki>.

The larger context here is that the project is one of many planned by Alsager
Placemaking Initiative
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#Alsager%20Placemaking%20Initiative>...
it is hoped that the project will help Alsager become a better place to
live.

It goes without saying that TiddlyWikiGarden
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#TiddlyWikiGarden> is a "garden for
the next 25 years" and it's an Open Source
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#Open%20Source>project. It also
happens to have a pond <http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#The%20Pond>,
there mayeb is one lone tiddler remaining (a goldfish).... there have been
sightings of Newts <http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#Newts> and a
Heron.

@Felix: a friend is involved a startup concerning open learning here in
Manchester: I can introduce you if you like. One of the partners (there are
three of them) is a physics teacher in a secondary school: I can put you in
contact, they are in very early stages...

Alex
[1] http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/
Ward Cunningham's Gardening Metaphor
<http://tiddlywikigarden.tiddlyspot.com/#Ward%20Cunningham's%20Gardening%20Metaphor>