As far as funding goes, I agree - the plan that Jeremy and I kicked around
a few months ago was to put together an application for the Shuttleworth
foundation, who back open source efforts in many different fields. I was a
bit disheartened recently, when I checked back at their site to find that
they are offering specific advice against pitching them OER projects;

We’ve invested in OERs, education platforms and re-imagining peer learning
before. Although this remains important in the world, it no longer
automatically meets our criteria. We will need considerable evidence of
innovation.:"

Not that I'm suggesting we don't have a truly innovative proposition, but
it's evidence that the 'education space' is rapidly filling up with many
uninspired offerings from startups all over the world.

I haven't looked at the Ford foundation - I'll do that soon - and there's
also the Knight foundation.

I am really keen to be involved in a project like this and it would be
great to see if we could all work together in some way.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cc4ee9da-9821-4506-95ee-ccb80d005308%40googlegroups.com.