On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 2:51:17 AM UTC-7, Mat wrote:

> If you don't mind me asking - how did you figure out it should use a vars
> instead of a set? "!!creator" looks very non-variablish to me? (...and what
> would have happened pre-5.1.9 when there was no vars widget?)

Anything you can define with <$vars> can also be defined individually using
<$set>.  <$vars> is merely a more compact syntax for defining multiple
variables at once.  Thus, instead of writing:

<$vars ThisCreator={{!!creator}}>...</$vars>

you could simply write:

<$set name="ThisCreator" value={{!!creator}}>...</$set>

Note that in this particular use case, the second variable ("rev") has to
be set using a separate widget, because it's value depends on already
having "ThisCreator" defined.

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d2973787-3208-4224-ad9d-ecddd2f494ab%40googlegroups.com.