"Bloat" doesn't always mean "size", sometimes it means "unwarranted
complexity and distraction".
I'm sure you think that embedded adverts in many apps are a distraction;
some people pay to get rid of them even though the "plus" version of the
app offers no great other enhancement.

The situation I’m facing is having the file in the cloud, In one sense size
=> bandwidth => startup response.
But the real kicker is the number of different browsers that might be
used.  Well, Ok a couple are for testing to make sure things always look
acceptable.
But having to replicate the likes of this for half a dozen or more browsers
... things get complicated.
It gets complicated for support as well if some ancillary file needs to be
on the portable device, or -shock/horror - at a particular location on the
portable device.  Not all <strike>salesmen</strike> end users are
technically sophisticated enough to manage that.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/18926713-89a1-49fc-85ce-4fd75b99d795%40googlegroups.com.