On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 2:57:30 PM UTC+2, Anton Aylward wrote:

> "Bloat" doesn't always mean "size", sometimes it means "unwarranted
> complexity and distraction".
> I'm sure you think that embedded adverts in many apps are a distraction;
> some people pay to get rid of them even though the "plus" version of the
> app offers no great other enhancement.

As I see it, the chromeSaver module is less then 70 lines of code. So I'm
pretty sure, when the extension works in a stable way, that this
possibility can be included into the core. TiddlyWiki already has some
similar decisions to make, if TiddlyFox is installed. Having the core deal
with it, also will reduce the complexity for the user. ...

See, this is the first announcement of a great improvement for the TW
community. .. So test it and kick the tires but not the author.

> The situation I’m facing is having the file in the cloud, In one sense
> size => bandwidth => startup response.
> But the real kicker is the number of different browsers that might be
> used.  Well, Ok a couple are for testing to make sure things always look
> acceptable.

You are right. That's the stuff developers have to deal with. Browser
vendors made great steps into unifying the plattform but there are still
quite some quirks, we have to deal with every day.

> But having to replicate the likes of this for half a dozen or more
> browsers ... things get complicated.

It gets complicated for support as well if some ancillary file needs to be
> on the portable device, or -shock/horror - at a particular location on the
> portable device.  Not all <strike>salesmen</strike> end users are
> technically sophisticated enough to manage that.

The funny thing is, that portable devices are easier to handle, since they
don't have to deal with IE6/7/8/x compatibility problems. Most mobile
browsers are based on webkit, which is the engine Chrome, Safari, Opera and
many more browsers use.
The problem with mobile devices on the other hand is. Saving TW in a
unified way, is an unsolved problem.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0cafb6f0-d7e7-4b10-9c17-61126422f500%40googlegroups.com.