Apparently you can use static text. But this is of limited value IMO. What
you want is something more like <<textMaker {{!!myField}}>> .

I just know whenever I've tried making a bit of simple widget code work
with some macros, I usually end up needing to use <$set>.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ddaf33ec-3b96-47c0-a4d0-89e5ac16700e%40googlegroups.com.