Hi Antaneus,

you ca
this.getVariable("

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 10:53:12 PM UTC+1, Antaeus Feldspar wrote:

> Tobias, Mark, thank you for your suggestions...  The use of SetWidgets to
> set variables is something I didn't understand before, and I can tell I'll
> eventually be able to use it to achieve a much cleaner solution.
>
> Right now, though, I still have a problem that's completely blocking me:
>  how do I get the *results* of a macro call into a variable?
>
> The project I'm working on will involve dates.  I can write a macro in
> Javascript which takes a date in TW's format and adds or subtracts a given
> amount of time.  But how can I have TiddlyWiki call that macro *and* store
> it in a field rather than simply rendering the result on the screen?

You should be able to use Tobias suggestion

<$set name="js-macro-link-text" value={{!!test}}>
<$button set=!!test setTo=<<js-macro-link>>>Test button</$button>
</$set>
In your javascript macro you can read the value of "js-macro-link-text"
like so:

var input = this.getVariable("js-macro-link-text");

cheers

BJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3f2fdefd-6dc0-4243-90a2-754753ff0653%40googlegroups.com.