Hi Metabele,

Just has another thought...

filter="[list[!!foo]] SomeItem +[back[10]]"

...shifts *SomeItem* (at most) 10 places back in list foo, starting from
last spot.

I think there may be some trouble though, because if SomeItem is already on
the list,
it will be added as the last item but also removed from whereever it was
before!

So, how do you shift any given item in the list without putting it at the
last place?

Try experimenting with these two on TiddlyWiki.com to see what I mean:

{{{ [list[HelloThere]]}}}

{{{ [list[HelloThere]] Examples }}}

So, I really think I would prefer this:

filter="[list[!!foo]] [back(what:SomeItem by:10)]"

Which could...

   - if already on the list: shift it back 10 places
   - if not on the list: add it to the end and then shift it back 10 places

Or even...

filter="[list[!!foo]] [back(what:SomeItem by:10 add:no)]"

Best wishes,

— tb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11b060c0-d9d5-49f4-a92f-d56afa1f6469%40googlegroups.com.