Hi Metabele,

> I have updated the append[] and prepend[] operators to understand a prefix
> and suffix. The prefix designates the number of items to take from the
> operator parameter (to append or prepend to the list) -- with no prefix,
> these are taken from the head and with a prefix from the tail.

It appears you are assuming that individual titles are simple words´.
I don't think that works as planned as a filter may not have a
sub-filter-list.

Append and prepend should work exactly as any of your *put-foo* filters,
only just that the marker needs no specifying.

Also, isn't the generic way to append or prepend simply doing...

filter="prepended appended"

...whereas *appended *gets appended to the list on which there is
*prepended*
or *prepended* gets prepended to the list on which there is *appended*.

So, what's the use-case for these two
that the general filter syntax can't do out of the box?

In other words, to me it should be...

filter = [list[Days of the Week]] Yesterday Today Tomorrow +[prepend:3[]]"

...if we are to stay consistent how to select and act on a number of
list-items.
So, it selects the last three in the list and puts them first in the
specified order.

Assuming the list Days of the Week held one item, namely "*[[Party Friday]]*",
the resulting list would be...

Yesterday Today Tomorrow [[Party Friday]]

...in its stringified version.

Best wishes,

— tb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/96078f8e-6570-49eb-b594-b33e1652d4ad%40googlegroups.com.