Hi Tobias,

I'm not sure but to me this problem looks similar to this one: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tiddlywiki/h0bBO54Qn7g/8xWaAYlXBAAJ, for which you proposed this: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2078.

Assuming the new operator |some-field:any-listitem<item-list>| exists, isn't it possible to write the condition using a single filter? It would be something similar to:

|[tag[star_system]field:quadrant[Alpha Quadrant]listed[solar_system]tag[planet]]

... except with the new operator that I don't know how to use instead of "listed" :-)

Am I completely wrong? (a real possibility here)

Erwan

On 19/11/15 16:08, Tobias Beer wrote:
Hi David,

    Actually, I have another question.

    How would I compile the results of the internal list into a single
    list,

    rather than separate lists for every element in the parent list?

I'd be glad to learn I'm wrong, but I don't think that's currently possible.

One way to eventually implement this could be to create a new *filter* filter
which would run a given filter expression against the input set,
which in your case could look like so:

<$set name="planets-in-system" value="[tag[planet]field:solar_system<this_system>]"> {{{ [tag[star_system]field:quadrant[Alpha Quadrant]filter:this_system<planets-in-system>]] }}}
</$set>

So, what would this do?

 1. define a variable called *planets-in-system* specifying a filter
    expression using a variable called *this_system*
 2. evaluate this filter expression against the titles fetched as
    *star_system* in the *Aplha Quadrant*
      * while replacing the variable *this_system* with each item in
        this input set

This would allow to combine a number of filter expressions into one big sophisticated filter.

I have left the above proposal at an appropriate issue on GitHub:

*#2033 complex conditions ...how?*
issuecomment-158101715 <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2033#issuecomment-158101715>

Best wishes,

— tb
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2d1e4ce3-da6a-4191-9784-f896ebe17a98%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2d1e4ce3-da6a-4191-9784-f896ebe17a98%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/564E161D.3030709%40gmail.com.