Hi David,

> Planet is showing up in the resulting tiddler as text only and not as a
> link to the associated tiddler.  For example, if I select Cardassia Prime
> from the select widget, the planet field in the resulting tiddler will say
> Cardassia Prime, when I need it to say [[Cardassia Prime]].  I'm not
> entirely certain how to accomplish this.

At what point do you need it to be a "listified" value? As you already do,
instead of just {{!!planet}} you can always do <$link
to={{!!planet}}><$view field="planet"/></$link>... or use a template /
macro to simplify this.

Another problem is in the title of the new tiddler.  I want the values of
> the year, month, and day fields to show up in the title of the new tiddler,
> but instead the tiddler name is Event_{{!!year}}_{{!!month}}_{{!!day}},
> rather than Event_2451_12_14, for example.

You need to call some helper macro(s) using the MacroCallWidget
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#MacroCallWidget> to properly construct the desired
attribute value, e.g.

\define addJoinEvent(year,month,day)
<$some-widget some-title-attribute="Event_$year$_$month$_$day$"/>
\end

<$macrocall $name="addJoinEvent" year={{!!year}} month={{!!month}} day={{!!
day}}/>

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dcb87f55-bac1-47dd-9eb3-0a0498591c0a%40googlegroups.com.