I think I got bored and stopped working on it, and I can't find any of the
output, but here is what I still have:

This perl script:

open(TEXT, "<pg10.txt") || die "flaming doom\n";

open (FILE, ">>bible.json") || die "problem opening bible.json\n";

print FILE "[\n";

my $book;

while(<TEXT>) {
    if ( $_ =~ /^\D{2,}/ ) {
        $book = $_;
    }
    if ( $_ =~ /^(\d*)[:](\d*) (.*.)$/ ) {
        print FILE "{\n";
        print FILE "\"chapter\" : \"", $1, "\",\n";
        print FILE "\"verse\" : \"", $2, "\",\n";
        print FILE "\"title\" : \"", $book, " Chapter: ", $1, " Verse: ", $2
, "\",\n";
        print FILE "\"text\" : \"", $3, "\",\n";
        print FILE "}\n";
    }
}

print FILE "]\n";

close(FILE);

close(TEXT);

given the plain text version of the king james bible from project gutenberg
here http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/10/pg10.txt should create a json
file that has the tiddlers in it. At the moment they have a field that
lists the chapter and a field that lists the verse and the tiddler title
should be in the form  'bookname chapter: n verse: y'

I am sure you can find whatever bible version you want as a similar
plaintext file online and it shouldn't be too difficult to modify the
script to do things like add a field for the version so you can make it all
easily searchable.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8bcfe7c6-17ee-4636-86d2-1a5a383e8f86%40googlegroups.com.