At the risk of creating a digression that is tangential at best ...

It's always interesting to see peoples views on Permissions & Privacy since
they vary in so many radical ways and always lead to controversial
interpretations.  For example, Western societies generally recognize Name +
(residential) Address = Identity.  However, Names (especially First and
Last name segments) are freely available.  Similarly, (municipal) Addresses
are legally considered to be "owned by" the City that assigns them, but are
"in the Public domain by virtue of the fact that they are freely available
and must be accessible.  That being said, it seems to be the combination of
Name + Address ( = Identity ) that evokes Privacy concerns.

Amusingly though, tests have shown that no one seems concerned about
Privacy when Name + (residential) latitude & longitude are associated.
This strikes me as strange given the ubiquitous availability of GPS data
and its current resolutions.

I guess the expectations of Privacy rights and the need for Permissions to
associate data elements, in this day and age of "Big Data", are still quite
controversial.

"Very interesting" (said in my best German accent, whilst (vainly) hiding
behind a potted fern ( as first seen in "Laugh In" ).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9176c6fa-7dd2-45ce-8f28-5d2ea6ccd711%40googlegroups.com.