Jeremy,

Stamping:[...]
> Sorry Mat, can you be a bit clearer; I clicked through to QuickTid but
> didn’t see a button labelled “Content”. Perhaps you can just show the code
> that you want me to see?

Well, the actual code is a likely not pretty (tiddler TidSec/Tool/Content
<http://quicktid.tiddlyspot.com/#TidSec%2FTool%2FContent>) but the
functionality is seen using the Content button which should be found in the
QuickTid toolbar - i.e you click the thumbtack and, well, the button is
there next to the Done buttons.

Link
> IMO, the user should be able to create a link to a not yet existing
> tiddler. I.e if Foo doesn't exist as a selectable title, there's some kind
> of "make" button that stamps [[Foo]] - or, perhaps more elegantly, just
> clicking enter creates it.
>

> Perhaps. It seems a bit roundabout to use the ‘link’ tool to create a link
> to a non-existent tiddler, since the whole raison d’etre of the tool is to
> permit searching of existing tiddlers.

I interpreted the raison d'etre is to be able to create links generally?
Not a difficult task but with the suggested funtionality, one can create a
missing link right away both in the case of wanting to do that to begin
with or in the case of not finding the title one was hoping for.

> Button layout
> The backticks button appears grouped (slightly left distanced) with X2
> rather than blockticks.
>

> That’s intentional; the tools are now divided into groups. I’ll increase
> the spacing so that people don’t think it’s accidental.

Ok, I figured it belongs more with the group on its right than on its left.

Tooltips
> I feel (now) it would be valuable to see the name of the tool as a tooltip
> so it is easier to reference it such as when writing about them here on the
> boards.
>

> Can you give an example of a tool where the current tooltip doesn’t
> include words that could be used to describe the tool here?

Ok, disregard thsi. No tooltips showed at all and I now suspect this was
due to my computer/browser because there have been other browser issues for
me lately. On computer reboot the tooltips now look good and sufficient.

Setting tools [...]
> That sounds like an optimisation. I’d be concerned about clutter, and I’m
> not really convinced that people need to be regularly switching toolbar
> buttons on and off.

Sorry, my misunderstanding, please forget about it! I didn't realize the
unchecked buttons appear in the More menu but thought one was forced into
Ctrlpanel to use a turned off formatting button.

> Markdown editor (yay!):
> Instead of a *page controll* button to open a tiddler with that special
> editor, I think it would be much better with a toggle button showing in
> tiddler edit view - either appearing just like one of the other buttons,
> but at one of the extreme ends - maybe even out in the (left) gutter.
>

> I think you’re suggesting two separate things here:
>
> * Move the tiddler type controls into the toolbar. The obstacle here is
> that not all editor types support the toolbar, so one would lose the
> ability to change the type for those tiddlers

No, I am only referring to the "Create a new Markdown tiddler " button. I'm
suggesting it is enough with the usual "Create a new tiddler" button and
then, in the text editor toolbar, instead have a button to toggle between
those tiddler types that do feature different editor toolbars.

> Clicking the more(?) button opens empty popup.
>
> In situations where there are no hidden toolbar buttons then the more
> dropdown will be empty. You see the same thing with the more button in the
> view template or in the sidebar when the dropdown is empty.

Ah. That's a bit confusing to me. Particularly if default is to have it
empty as it is in the prerelease.

> I see no mention of DesignWrite.
> And IMO at least the conversations between you and prof. Steve could be
> linked to in the Videos tiddler.
>
> Good point,

(ah, at least I managed  to make something made sense, hehe ;-)

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1fcb81d0-147f-4401-a149-ed80fa980754%40googlegroups.com.