Hi Andrew

> I'm still getting the delete effect in Internet Explorer 11. Interestingly if
> you click the edit button it shows "Type the text for this Tiddler" at the
> beginning before all the text already in the tiddler and the preview window
> initially shows a preview and then clears. I think it has something to do
> with the new setText function in framed.js. It wasn't doing that before it
> was merged from http://rich-text-editor.tiddlyspot.com/
> <http://rich-text-editor.tiddlyspot.com/>. It used to be called the
> getEditInfo function and had a lot more to the function. Now Internet
> Explorer hits it first and passes a value of null via text where as the other
> browsers don't even seem to initially hit that function at all, maybe because
> of focus. It is checking if it has focus and then it does this.domNode.value
> = text; which deletes the text because at this point text has nothing in it.
> Strange how it only does this in IE 11 and not Chrome or Edge.
> Please forgive me Jeremy if I am completely wrong.

Ah, a bit more poking around reveals that I was using the new fangled
Metro-style version of IE11 under Windows 10 (I think it may be called Edge).
That version does still seem to work fine, but if I switch to the ordinary IE11
then I’m seeing the same problems as you describe. I’ll investigate further,

Many thanks,

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/E0289BB1-AA05-4755-BAE8-3E87F1F0C9F9%40gmail.com.