RichardWilliamSmith wrote:

> Mat - What tools do you think federation will give us that we don't
> already have? My understanding is that it will mostly be a way to check for
> updates to other people's wikis and pull content across automatically?

I'm not sure what you include as "tools we already have" but here
<http://twaddle.tiddlyspot.com/#Different%20worlds>I describe two "cases"
that I think are significant. When communication and fetching of tiddlers
becomes possible, there can be shift to *content *among people (where a TW
manual is one example). I think we'll see a number of high level setups (or
"tools" fi you will) that can change things significantly.

One such could be the equivalent to an app store with addons that have
reviews and other user comments. This could minimize the "dispersal
problem" for plugins we've suffered since TW inception.

> The wikis involved in that process will each need to be hosted and visible
> to the internet and they will each contain different material in total. Is
> that right?

Pretty much so, yes. The TW's to fetch from will have to be online, at the
time of fetching, but there are many hosting solutions, probably also
including dropbox and similar. And, regarding "at the time of fetching";
since TW content is often pretty static (e.g just text or code) it is not
necessary to have it visible all the time, only enough for it to be fetched
by someone else at some point if it can then be accessible via that new
place. Much of it relies on a continued "sharing spirit".

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/862db304-9d05-41f3-a3c4-e4c662a6d8e6%40googlegroups.com.