Thanks Mat!

What I came up with in the meantime was that I created a tiddler QuickEdit
and added this list filter to it

<ul class="quickedit">
<$list filter="[tag[QuickEdit]]"><li><$button message="tm-edit-tiddler"
param=<<currentTiddler>> class="tc-btn-invisible
tc-tiddlylink">{{$:/core/ui/Buttons/edit}} <<currentTiddler>></$button></li>
</$list>
</ul>

I tagged all the respective tiddlers with QuickEdit and transcluded the
tiddler in a designated sidebar section, fancied up with a little CSS. For
now, this serves the purpose well enough (sort by title is okay because I
have strict naming rules), but of course I will run into trouble once the
list becomes very long. Plus, such a separate list is not strictly
necessary, I’d prefer a universal solution where links to tagged tiddlers
are treated thus all through TW, no matter where they occur.

Re EditTextWidget: Do I understand you correctly that your suggestion would
be to actually work with two tiddlers, one content/data tiddler and one
edit tiddler? The latter would contain only the edit widget displaying the
content of the data tiddler, but I would use it for all intents and
purposes as if it were the data tiddler. Yes, okay, that could work. I
haven’t worked with the EditTextWidget before, I give it a try!

And what kind of template did you use for this?

Thanks again and all best!
Tyll

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/beb828be-6d4c-4a61-ac35-e77d5d2ad9c6%40googlegroups.com.