> Re EditTextWidget: Do I understand you correctly that your suggestion
> would be to actually work with two tiddlers, one content/data tiddler and
> one edit tiddler? The latter would contain only the edit widget displaying
> the content of the data tiddler, but I would use it for all intents and
> purposes as if it were the data tiddler. Yes, okay, that could work. I
> haven’t worked with the EditTextWidget before, I give it a try!

Yeah, that basically it. But you can also use a EditTextWidget or perhaps a
SelectWidget for the title, meaning that when you enter the title, you get
the text in another bigger EditTextWidget field.

(Edit: This works in principle, but because the changes are applied in real
> time things become awkward for stylesheets, when everytime I haven’t yet
> closed a bracket, parts of the wiki layout disintegrate ... ;) Is there a
> way to postpone the changes in the widget and send them on click of an
> additional button or something? Yet, the more complex this becomes the more
> it simply mimics the normal draft behaviour of TW, doesn’t it ...)

Yes, the trick is to use a temporary tiddler. So basically via a button
(e.g the SelectWidget... at least I think that should work) you'd copy the
current into the temporary and then when done you click another button that
overwrites the temp content into the original.

And what kind of template did you use for this; or more generally: I don’t
> understand how templates come into play with the widget at all, could you
> explain?

I might use the term sloppily. I merely referred to an old thing based on
what I described above with a EditTextWidget for the title and another for
the text. (Side note: A cool discovery in that process was that you could
create tiddlers *silently *by entering a new title and filling in text.
That evolved into QuickTid <http://quicktid.tiddlyspot.com/>.)

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4f1d89ef-8d32-4fa0-ada1-f8f2745bb7f5%40googlegroups.com.