Hi Josiah,

I was wondering that myself. Which is why I went to the trouble of setting
up my own back-end (VM on my desktop).

If you wipe your browser cache and offline data, when you go to the
Noteself website you get prompted to create a new noteself (as if you
didn't have one at all). If you put in the setup-data (name of your notself
wiki,  couchdb server, login), it will re-get the data from the couchdb
server and your browser cache and offline-data is re-loaded.

I haven't tried to create conflicts or corruption to see how it deals with
that. This is a technical limitation for me. I only have IE11 and Chrome
available on the system I'm testing on (the back-end isn't network
accessible in my set-up) and Noteself produces a RSOE when I try to load it.

However, couchdb (the server) and pouchdb (what manages the local browser
database aka offline data) have built-in conflict resolution algorithms. I
have no clue how good they are.

We might need to spin this off into a different thread.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/926db8cc-3888-4987-92a8-5b787337222b%40googlegroups.com.