On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 3:17:20 PM UTC-4, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> But a fund for "between jobs I'll work on TW" is not such a bad idea.
>
> From another angle, its an interesting question I can approach like this: *IF
> a YEAR AGO I had been able to get anyone interested (I tried) to code FOR
> ME, I would have paid for it. *
>
> In the long run it would have been CHEAPER for me to pay 1,000 Euro than
> spend the hours & weeks I've had to spend working out what is now to me the
> bleeding obvious.

If such a Fund emerges, it would likely be necessary to "manage" it;
perhaps in the way that the Wikipedia Foundatrion is set up.  After all,
that is the one wiki that has truly achieved (large) "scale" success, since
Ward Cunningham this "WikiWiki" thinking.

I believe that one of the factors supporting Wikipedia's success was the
capability for Mass Participation, which inevitably requires a lot of
people to agree about a lot of things and to feel they are a part of the
process and then want to increase their participation.  For most people,
TiddlyWiki still seems to have a steep learning curve, without providing
enough rewards, to make people really want to controbute their time.

That is, of course, not the case on this forum where various technical
masters have tirelessly donated enourmous hours to helping others learn the
technology.

What seems to be missing is our ability to inspire more "lay" people to
participate by giving them an easy way to do so, that also helps them learn
(easily) how to achieve more, collaboratively.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d2367284-030e-4f8b-95f9-13e10cb4b92a%40googlegroups.com.