Hi all,

Great idea! Sometimes other people have to remind me of what I have been
missing. You did it this time :–)
I do not have a solution for you, but I have some hints:

I just added a new button to my plugin *EditButtons* that saves the tiddler
without closing it. In fact it saves and closes the tiddler, but reopens it
right after that in edit mode.
If you want to see this kind of primitive solution, you can look into the
button code in $:/core/ui/Buttons/save-open
<https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FButtons%2Fsave-open>
on
https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2FEditButtons

(I also tried to adapt the Navigator widget’s *tm-save-tiddler* message in
a new JS-widget. I wanted to create a new *tm-save-open-tidder* message,
but failed.)

I also found out where keyboard controls are defined:
$:/core/ui/EditTemplate so you would have to integrate the new command
there …

@Tony as I am afraid of losing content too, I integrated an autosave option
in my EditorCounter plugin. It saves the (draft) tiddler after every 200
characters entered/removed (you can change the number in the settings).
Works perfectly for me with TiddlyFox (saves to disk). Maybe you want to
try it out: https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html

Stay safe!
Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90269c73-e84f-4272-a412-e98871732aaa%40googlegroups.com.