@ Mark S

I remember simple batch files, and appreciate how this is not that
different.  Except that this feels entirely different.

> Here's all that's needed to launch TW as an app.
>>>
>>> Put this script as a text file in your default download directory and
>>> name as "launch_tw.ps1"
>>>
>>> param([string]$stem="foo", [string]$dir="")
>>> $copyme = ls $stem*.html | sort LastWriteTime | select -last 1
>>> $copyme = $copyme.FullName
>>> Copy-Item $copyme -Destination $dir\$stem.html
>>> Invoke-Item $dir\$stem.html
>>>
>>> For each TW you want to run, create a single line script. Here's an
>>> example named tw_bible.bat:
>>>
>>> powershell -executionpolicy bypass -File .\launch_tw.ps1 -stem "bible" -dir
>>> d:\data\apps\TW_Ant
>>>
>>> The "stem" name is the unique first part of the name (e.g. "bible" if
>>> your tw is bible.html). The dir is the path to the directory where you want
>>> to launch your TW from. If this is the first time using this system, copy
>>> your most recent TW file to the download directory.
>>>
>>> Do a right click on the bat file and create a shortcut. Drag the
>>> shortcut to your desktop.
>>>
>>> Now, whenever you want to launch your TW, just double-click on the
>>> shortcut. Your default browser will come up with the TW in a tab.
>>>
>>> That's all there's to it. You launch your TW like you would any other
>>> desktop app. Once it's loaded in your default browser, you can save with
>>> the default mechanism, knowing the next time you want to run the tw you can
>>> just click on the start-up icon.
>>>
>>> None of this is harder to do than installing an executable and
>>> configuring a server. The scripts are simple enough that they could be
>>> typed out by hand if you were on a system cut off from the net.

I am hoping that IF a batch file is necessary (and easy) it autodetects the
operating system, autoloads and autosaves.  Basically don't require me to
know anything about it.  If I need to establish this batch file for each
unique system and file, it's analogous to the difference between using an
iphone and jailbreaking an iphone - not that hard (assuming you know what
you are doing, and chose the right method, and don't upgrade, and ...)

My Mother can use an iphone, but I don't trust myself to jailbreak one
(after a steep learning curve).

BTW, Does anybody actually USE TW5.html on their ipad or iphone? How?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9e393ddf-8c42-408f-9e8a-282b7b850a50%40googlegroups.com.