On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 12:40:53 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:

> If every tiddler (title) is cached internally for the link-widget
> detection could this also be used to highlight all text in a tiddler, on
> rendering a tiddler, that matches any existing tiddler title (or tag)?,

Not really possible. There isn't enough info in the cache atm. It just
holds a links[] array. And the parse tree has no positional info. ...

> this would highlight somewhat relevant information in text and provide
> opportunities to make links to tiddlers where none currently exist.

I don't understand this. [[doesn't exist]] is already possible now. ?!?

> If at the same time the rendering process would also highlight text that
> matches the last search string,

not possible. ... You can't style text-nodes. You first need to find the
text -> convert it to eg: a span-node -> give the span a styling. ...

> it would allow people searching for a word or phrase to open tiddlers and
> see all occurrences of the search string highlighted.

If I need this behaviour, I use the browser built in search.

> It seems to me if we already spent money on an "expensive" calculation
> lets get more in return.

Good idea, but time consuming.

> Such an approach will support a number of requirements raised in the forum
> where we are struggling to find reasonable and inexpensive solutions.

"inexpensive" is the key word here.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/22e860c7-2575-42ee-a2e9-9cfa85b4e2fe%40googlegroups.com.