Mario,

Sounds like we are most of the way there, Love your work, If mark can find
his target text because they are highlighted as links he may be able to do
what he wants via a different avenue, So it may still be on topic. However
I would think all he needs to do is tag the tiddlers he plans to archive
off, then run a search for the tiddlers titles in all tiddlers, open each
of these tiddlers, and review the "virtual links" which will highlight text
that matches his search strings (his tagged Tiddler Titles), if he then
wants to archive the viewed tiddler he could tag that tiddler and run the
search again and discover any additional tiddler to archive.

Let me clarify by answering one of your questions, and simplify my
suggestion, I think your existing solutions means you could implement this
easily

*But how should a program know, that it should search for a title
"Alphanumeric values" and not "using" or "Alphanumeric" or "values" or "in"
or "using Alphanumeric" or "Alphanumeric values" or "values in" or "using
Alphanumeric values" or "Alphanumeric values in" or "using Alphanumeric
values in" ... (I hope I got them all ;)*

*Only search for strings that exactly match (all) existing tiddlers titles
and or captions. In this case "**Alphanumeric values" ONLY, perhaps case
insensitive.*

It makes sense to only do so on tiddlers flagged/tagged as requiring
automatic links to be generated. Also if you want "virtual links created,
then it makes sense to create a tiddler of that name, such that it becomes
one of the search strings.

Back to marks original Question, if he transcludes {{tiddler name}} and
"tiddler name" exists in text, then it will be found in text content,
perhaps the render process could place a link icon to "tiddler name" and
stlll allow the transclusion.

To put it simply why not generate links to tiddler titles when that title
is found in text? It is a different story turning these into valid
back-links.

Anyway just thinking.

Regards
Tony