On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 11:09:33 PM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:

> *Only search for strings that exactly match (all) existing tiddlers titles
> and or captions. In this case "**Alphanumeric values" ONLY, perhaps case
> insensitive.*

:) ... seems simple but isn't. That's a performance nightmare, for big TWs.
... Without a propper indexing mechanism, for only that one usecase, we can
forget it.

------

I also doubt, that it makes much sense at all. ... At tiddlywiki.com we use
the term TiddlyWiki very often and most of the time we need to undo the
CamelCase linking with ~ ... like: ~TiddlyWiki. So it isn't rendered. ..

The same problem will happen here. If you have a tiddler "*Alphanumeric
values"* and every time you use the term it will be auto-linked. So if you
use it 3 times in a paragraph, that's simply wrong.

For me as a user, I would not like the texts very much. They create a lot
of redundant links, which only waste time, if you click them.

----------

The other problem is eg: If I do have a tiddler named "done" ... Everytime
I now write the word "done" it will be linked. ... Other tag tiddlers that
are common: high, low, medium, todo, ...

Conclusion: ...

 - We have a lot of trouble with CamelCase autolinking. ...
 - Creating "non user defined" links, based on tiddler names, will create
the same sort of problems, but worse.
 - Managing a "do not link" list, in the end will be more work than using
the proper link syntax from the beginning:
    - like [[*Alphanumeric values*]]

just some thoughs
-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a099a7d2-a27e-4bf2-9564-562326315253%40googlegroups.com.