Ciao Jeremy

I'm a pragmatist.

I simply do NOT believe that the 600 or so strictures that CommonMarkup
syntax say are essential are actually essential for most practical work. It
looks like a tall-story. When you look into it is boils down to something
more cope-able, I think.

I am pretty convinced that TW can get very close to a "universal markup"
for coping with most of the the variant Wiki-text versions in real use. And
I already know from playing with BJ's "pre-parser" that that there is
immense flex in what TW can do towards creating "User Defined Markup" quite
easily.

On this particular issue I'm happy to help as its one of the few things I
have competence on.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/94321674-7dca-464a-abb2-aee48340beea%40googlegroups.com.