On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 12:34:27 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> Rather than CommonMark wouldn't Github Flavoured Markdown (GFM) be a
> better aim? Its ...

Nope. ... markdown is standardized now. (since ~ March 2016) ...
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7763

Variants spec: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7764#page-10

 - GFM is one of several variants
 - CommonMark is an other variant ...

>    1. compliant with CommonMark;
>
> that's ok, but It's different

>    1. adds tables and other things Markdown does not do;
>
> TW has tables that imo are more powerful

>    1. better services existing TW users who also use GitHub.
>
> IMO no problem, we can have several variants. eg: markdown-it library
supports many variants already.
We just need to switch the mime type and we can deal with them. ...

I do have a finished plugin. ... I just have to prepare the edition.
I want to get rid of external libraries, most of the time, they don't
integrate well with TWs possibilities.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/104fa390-1234-445c-bb62-c11aecec72a8%40googlegroups.com.