I switched back to 0.3.1 and – after a browser restart – everything seems
to work again. Firefox Developer for Mac is on 58.0b12 (64-Bit) at the
moment.

Updating seems to happen automatically if you leave the extension setting
on "Standard". I switched to "Off" now ("Aus" in German).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c8dc98c7-0f6f-4578-b3a9-c568ef2ec0fe%40googlegroups.com.