Tob,

I am not so well versed in the approach you are asking for, and Thomas is
helping you with, but from my perspective I would have a tiddler for every
author, a tiddler for every book and tag each book with one or more
authors. You can then use the Info button on any book or author tiddler to
find its Relationships. then if you must use an additional tiddler that
combines books into a category or group (like your tiddler examples), I
would also use a tag for each category. This allows much to be done without
any further design but I would add to the view template a tiddler tagged
$:/tags/ViewTemplate
to display related books or authors in view mode, and if required use a few
<$list widgets to list books and authors in other ways or use
http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#Taggly%20Tagging%20For%20TW5
to automate tag heirachies.

Regards
Tony