You don't mention what tabs you want this used in. It turns out that you
can over-ride timeline behavior (used by the Recent tab and others) by
making a tiddler with the following contents:

\define timeline-title()
<$list filter="[all[current]regexp:tags[\bJa\b]]"
variable="dum">@@color:red;<$view field="caption"><$view
field="title"/></$view>@@</$list>
<$list filter="[all[current]!regexp:tags[\bJa\b]]" variable="dum"><$view
field="caption"><$view field="title"/></$view></$list>
\end

Make it global by marking it with $:/tags/Macro

Note that this uses regular expressions and can be 'tricked' if for some
strange reason you tag something with "Ja Ja" or "Ja Ja Ja". In other
words, depending on the tag name you pick, it might be confused by tags
with multiple words in them.

Good luck

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/124e7d99-b034-491c-ae05-fba04bb2d5b2%40googlegroups.com.