Ciao Thomas

I have more comments on Bricks. They come slowly as I need work with it
first to get as clear as I can.

1 - REDUNDANT SILENT CLONE ON SAVE? -- *NEW FEATURE REQUEST*

Given that making interventions into StyleSheets may well go WRONG, I was
wondering if the save mechanism could silently auto-clone any stylesheet
edited in the list to an Archived Version (maybe just the title with
modification date added into an archive section)  so you can RECOVER where
you were & backtrack if you need to?

2 -  CASCADE QUESTION

Looking at the order in List-Reveal for Bricks its alphabetical, right? And
the Generator follows the same order?

In other words YOU already made sure that no style group you split it into
overlaps? Every style is only found ONCE? Right?

I do think that practically folk will want to adopt the overall scheme and
THEN add a "tweaking stylesheet". HOW will they know WHERE to place so that
a cascade that has overrides works?

Maybe this issue is simply about documenting the Generation Order? In
practice I think it might matter.

By way of background I can't see many people wanting to go through the very
careful development process you went though. They are more likely to just
want to add an "overrides" section to what you did?

3 - GENERATE & REPLACE all the stylesheets with the ONE generated.

In your comments you remark this is for mainly developers. I agree and
disagree. I agree that getting into the full detail of all those
stylesheets is beyond me and not something I want to do either.

YOU just DID it, so why would I not trust your result to be a ground-zero?
I would.

But its not beyond me to know a few things I want to tweak.

In practice this means ... I'd generate a consolidated stylesheet from what
you made? Put at place one in the ListReveal? Add a second SS with my
modest Tweaks that OVERRIDE previous entries in the cascade?

MY QUESTION: Will that work when I Re-Generate? Will the overrides I added
hold?

4 - Its a mystery to me to understand how "Bricks" SS know they are Bricks?
They don't carry that tag? Are you filtering on paths? This is likely my
idiocy :-).

5 - I'm a bit unclear how I create a NEW SET.

6 - One of the INTERESTING things for me is your quite radical design where
the live SS form the very interface. I like that. Very much. Live means
live. But you can't start from zero (as I commented before in a previous
post there seem to be some residual rules that probably need shutting off).
I simply think this needs documenting. I'm a bit hazy on this.

I like it because its radical AND contiguous with extant methods. In
practice it means, I can add a few changes to an otherwise optimised,
compact, responsive CSS set to deliver a better TW.

Thankyou!

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d57e1c12-64ba-43e2-8235-5f9526040b33%40googlegroups.com.