Hi Josiah

You inspired me to write an FAQ for the next version of bricks – does this
answer your questions?
(Well, I know it doesn’t answer all of them as I have one question myself.)

Kind regards
Thomas

===

Frequently Asked Questions

*I miss something, should I post a feature request?*Check two things first:
a) Does your wish concern the very core of bricks – that would be managing
CSS for TW5? Some issues might seem related, but are not at their heart. b)
Is it already present here or in TiddlyWiki itself or in a plugin available
elswhere? A user asked, if we could make backups so developers could return
to the previous version if something went wrong. This concerns the subject
of backups, not CSS. And there are solutions available, e.g. the
clone-button in the Stylesheet Manager or the official SaveTrail plugin
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#SaveTrail%20Plugin>. If you are not sure, feel
free to ask!
*How about the Briks Stylesheets cascade?*The list of Bricks in the
Stylesheet Manager is alphabetical. That doesn’t say that TW processes them
in the same order. But it should not be that relevant: Most elements are
covered in just one or two tiddlers (e.g. one for screen display and one
for printing). Additionally most definitions use low CSS specificity
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Specificity> to avoid
order problems. So in most cases you will find all relevant definitions in
the same one tiddler and if you want to change something, the best place to
do this will be right there.
*How about the order in generated stylesheets?*The generator processes all
stylesheets in alphabetical order. As stated above, that should not
influence the result as I tried to omit redundancy. Definitions that are
loaded later should not overwrite the ones that were loaded before as they
cover different elements or different aspects of elements.
*Should tweaks be collected in one additional stylesheet tiddler?*No. It is
recommended to add tweaks in the stylesheet that covers the element,
component or function that you want to change. Maybe you invent something
that could be useful for others and we could offer your solution as an
alternative or a replacement of an existing Brick. Let me know if you have
someting that should be in the Bricks library!
*How many stylesheets should I generate?*Just two: one for the dynamic
parts based on wikilogic and one for all the rest. See Wikilogic Tiddler
Transformation for details. No need to separate originals from the stuff
you developed. Just keep your Bricks in your development library so you can
come back and optimize later if necessary.
*How does the Stylesheet Manager know what tiddlers are Bricks?*It doesn’t.
It is a stylesheet manager and as such lists all stylesheets tagged
$:/tags/Stylesheets
(additionally they must contain the text entered in the search field).
*I'm a bit unclear how I create a NEW SET.*What is a new set?
*Can I start from zero?*You can set all stylesheets to inactive and then
reactivate one after the other, check and optimize. That’s what I did in
one of many rounds of optimisation.

===

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6df8a3ab-7558-4e59-8f51-81c833bcf888%40googlegroups.com.