Just thinking out loud here ..

Tiddlers contain far more than markup. There's wiki text
with an embedded programming language and an implicit
environment (the DOM) to consider.

Some tiddlers are pure JS - which would make it difficult to port
to a non-JS system - some tiddlers with simple markup could be
transformed into other systems/language. But the
really beautiful ones would be tricky.

As I see it this is insanely powerful - you could interact
with graphics or the web audio API and do anything the browser could do
which make it a very difficult moving target to hit.

Having said that - a significant subset of tiddlers can be
made with simple transclusion and filters - it might be nice to
have a portable subset of tiddlers that did not do anything too fancy.

Cheers

/Joe

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4335ff45-d3f9-400a-945b-ba6ad378aafd%40googlegroups.com.