Jed Carty wrote:

> I don't really see the need for it to be immutable, so that point isn't
> universally agreed upon. There are a number of things in tiddlywiki that
> are done by overwriting a tiddler based on the name. Almost any time you
> change a setting that has a default value in the core you create a new
> tiddler that has the same name as the core tiddler.

You are right Jed. It was premature to state that.

> While tiddlywiki can be used as a database it isn't a database. For
> everything I do relationships between tiddlers are handled using tags and
> other fields to generate the needed links or relationships, the names
> almost never come into it.

According to the official documentation (Philosophy of Tiddlers
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#Philosophy%20of%20Tiddlers> and Structuring
TiddlyWiki <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Structuring%20TiddlyWiki>) there are
five basic building blocks to structure the Wiki:

   1. Tiddlers <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Structuring%20TiddlyWiki> - only
   field that is required is the title field
   2. TiddlerLinks <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Linking%20in%20WikiText> - link
   to a tiddler by title [[Tiddler Title]]
   3. Tagging <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Tagging> - "A tag is in fact just a
   tiddler (or a potential tiddler), and it can have tags of its own. You can
   add any number of tags to the same tiddler." - If tag is internally a
   tiddler then 1. applies
   4. Title Lists <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Title%20List> - "A title list is
   a line of text that presents one or more tiddler titles" - is based on
   tiddler titles
   5. DataTiddlers <https://tiddlywiki.com/#DataTiddlers> - named
   properties are accessed by referencing the data tiddler title again

I didn't examine any important functions (like searching etc) but so far it
is obvious that the tiddler title should not be modified not just because
of the links, but because of other building blocks as well. It is true at
the same time that there are special cases when it is desirable to change
or set the tiddler title (as Josiah stated above).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7c473eea-939e-4461-a8c8-c9bf24ed6e5f%40googlegroups.com.