Part Deux,

To make things easier, type $:/tags/EditTemplate into the "shadows" tab of
the advanced search.

Click on

$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title

and clone it. Rename the clone as

$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/subtitle

and replace it's contents with:

<$edit-text field="subtitle" class="tc-titlebar tc-edit-texteditor"
focus="true" placeholder="Subtitle Editor"/>

Save the tiddler. This creates a special item for editing the subtitle and
gives it a placeholder value. We want to make it prominent at the top. From
the advanced search click on

$:/tags/EditTemplate

Go down to the "list" field. Copy and paste the $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title
in place. Then change the first $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title  to
$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/subtitle.

Save the tiddler.

Open the $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/title tiddler. From the first widget,
inside the "class" attribute, delete the "tc-titlebar" class. This will
reduce the size of the title field (which you may still need to edit)
without eliminating it.

The same caveats about backing up previously mentioned still apply, of
course.

One last change you might want to make. You might want to open tiddler

$:/language/DefaultNewTiddlerTitle

And change the default text to something that reflects, perhaps, your name
and the contents of your tiddlywiki. Why? Because you may want to drag and
drop your tiddlers into other TW's and there will be fewer clashes if your
default name wasn't "New Tiddler", "New Tiddler 1", etc.

HTH

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4e3cbd37-4a56-4bef-9557-835b131c677e%40googlegroups.com.