Mat,

Depending on your workflow changing usernames is not so difficult. Especialy if
you design components on one wiki with Admin. When you think you are done
switch to your own user id, before sharing delete your tiddler change the user
id to guest and share.

This works even better if you maintain a seperate edition to apply fixes.

I am building a tiddler to prompt for the user id on open.

Another way is to consider the user id as a session name. Development session
and named user session. I may even build a way to hide the edit button on
tiddlers the current user does not own (creator).

Food for thought

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5241fd09-6c5c-463e-a0dc-7b63a0e79fbf%40googlegroups.com.