Hi Littleagle Thoronaug,

I've uploaded a slightly updated version at
http://simplecalendar.tiddlyspot.com/.
<http://simplecalendar.tiddlyspot.com/>
With this version you can use the default settings for a new journal title
(the one you can modify in the control panel / info / title of new journal
tiddlers). For this, in your config tiddler (for your calendar), just put
"default" for the "format" index.

        "format": "default"

In order to use a template for your journal tiddler, do the following :
- for the "cellContent" index, use this value :
"sc_LinkNavigateToOrCreateViewModeJournal" :

        "cellContent": "sc_linkNavigateToOrCreateViewModeJournal",

- create a tiddler named "NewJournalTemplate" and put inside the text you
want and tag it as you wish.

Then you will have to re-execute the calendar macro. Just click on the edit
button of the tiddler that contains the macro and then cancel.

You should be good to go.
Please report any problem.

Regards

FrD