To add to Marios response.

Every thing with the same tag can be said to belong in the same group. This
is a way to organise tiddlers, and you can quickly find everything else in
the same group.

Imagine Work and Personal tags

People often use tags to represent a particular kind of tiddler
task note booking journal

And they are often also used to represent status
new working completed cancelled archived

And then there is peoples names as tags, subjects or categories

Tags are a quick and easy way to add a great deal of organisation even
processes to your information without much fuss.

Tags can be a switch, if tagged or not?

In my most recent large wiki I keep tags for ad hoc categories or flagging
and have moved most into other fields some of which are tag like fields,
Just to cope with what would be to many tags.

their use and number is unlimited

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/341af5a4-fc43-4178-8dc8-75b4f3c629e7%40googlegroups.com.