A small example might be the "bible" for the series I am trying to write.

Characters are tagged for things like species, occupation, citizenship,
book(s), story

So some characters might be:

title: North, Wil
tag: human, trader, terran, repairs, daughter, recall
caption: Wil North

title: Gregory, Mariko
tag: biosynth, pilot, s-union, recall
caption: Mariko

Then for say all the characters in the book "Recall to Duty"

I could use:

<$list filter="[tag[recall]]">

<$link><$view field="caption"/></$link>
</$list>

to give me a list, of links, of all the characters:

Mariko
Wil North

As characters are added or removed the list automatically updates.

Also it seems like their are too many tags causing untidy confusion their
are ways to hide the tags from view but still enjoy their use.

Hope that sparks some ideas.
Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9c244ea0-9c0c-42a1-9ee5-27a472c50421%40googlegroups.com.