Suzanne,

As of now, a way of making the *anchor* and the *anchor link* is *not*
available in WikiText. So what you wrote is correct if you want the anchor
to be your heading.
For now, we have to use HTML.
As Tony pointed out, any HTML tag (element) can hold the *id* attribute. So
it could also be any of these and of course many more:

! My Heading 01

<a id="#heading-02"></a>

! My Heading 02

<section id="#heading-03">